PO Box 73144, Puyallup, WA 98373    Email


Wild Animals
Updated:  06/13/22
   Return to FAQ topics
Please refresh or review this web page for up-to-date information
This page provides Q&A for frequent questions asked by Crystal Ridge residents.

    Please read the FAQ below to find an answer or solution to your problem.  If you have a specific question about your situation, please contact the Board at  support@navigatecm.com.

  07/02/18 - Reported by a Rodesco resident:  "I live on 36th st in Rodesco, just had a medium size black bear walk through the yard. It crossed street into wooded area between 23rd and 20th ave.. Oh my gosh!"

There have been wild animal sightings in Crystal Ridge such as coyoyes, bears, deer, rats, mice, racoons and more.  What should I do to help prevent wild animals from coming into the neighborhood and who do I contact if I see any wild animals?

    For complete information on "Living with Wild Animals", go to Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife web site, http://wdfw.wa.gov/living/

    There have been several bear, coyote and racoon sightings in Crystal Ridge and on owner's property.  Reports of loud wailing cries could be heard and dogs bark and growl.  Some homeowners turned their outside lights on and yelled. However, they kept returning an hour or so later.

     Though not 100% effective, you can help prevent wild animals from entering the neighborhood and your property by feeding your pets indoors, don't put food dishes outside, keep dogs and cats indoors and use secure garbage can lids on your trash cans when put on the street for pickup, especially from dusk to dawn. Keep your garbage cans in tight-fitting bins, a shed, or a garage.  Prevent access to fruit and compost.  Donít leave small children unattended where wild animals have been seen.  Don't feed wild animals.

Rats -  see Controlling Rats  &  Living with Rats


How do I report a threatening or dangerous animal?

Ref: http://wdfw.wa.gov/help/questions/9/How+do+I+report+a+threatening+or+dangerous+animal%3F


  • If your report deals with an emergency dangerous-wildlife incident or dangerous wildlife interaction with people, dial 911 or local Washington State Patrol.

    Be prepared to answer the following questions:
    • What type of animal is involved in the incident you are reporting.
    • The time of the incident.
    • The last known location of the animal.
  • You can contact the WDFW Enforcement Dispatch Center (WILDCOMM) at (360) 902-2936.
  • You can also contact your local WDFW Regional Office during normal work hours (numbers can be found on the WDFW website and in regulation pamphlets).
  • For non-emergency dangerous wildlife observations, call WDFW toll-free at 1-877-933-9847 (1-877-WDFW-TIP).
  • Wolf sightings may be reported online.



      Return to FAQ topics